Healthy BDNF Levels Increase a Person’s Ability to:
Learn, Focus, Remember, Tolerate Stress, Sleep, Improve Mood & is Adversely Related to Neurogenerative Disorders.
- Healthy BDNF levels are critical for cognition, development, sleep, and healthy aging
• BDNF levels decline with age
• Patients with psychiatric and neurodegenerative disorders have lower BDNF levels
• BDNF is one of the most important molecules involved in both memory and learning
• Decreased levels of BDNF have been found in adults and children with ADHD
• BDNF is critical for healthy neuroplasticity, which is responsible for the brains ability to recover from injury.
What lowers BDNF levels?
- Neuroinflammation levels from toxins & infections
• Elevated cortisol levels
• Chronic stress
• Traumatic brain injury
• Oxidative stress
• Social Isolation
Increasing BDNF in the Brain Helps the Brain Work Better
Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is a protein made in the central nervous system. This protein is a growth factor or “Miracle-Gro” for the brain. BDNF is the key factor in the ability of the brain to change and grow in a process called neuroplasticity. Neuroplasticity involves the ability of the brain to generate new nerve cells through neurogenesis. In addition to building new brain cells, these cells can also be repaired and change function. BDNF also helps the brain strengthen and develop new connections between neurons. By strengthening these connections called synapses, it helps improve neurotransmitter transport between neurons which maximizes their function without changing levels. Clinically, higher BDNF levels are associated with improved cognition and better mood. These levels can be supported through exercise and targeted supplementation.
Mechanism of Action:
• Brain cytokine levels
• BDNF & neurogenesis (generation of new neurons)
• Oxidative stress
• Cognitive function
• Nrf2 (brain antioxidant)
• Cell membranes & function
• Acetylcholine levels
• Cortisol levels
Take 2 capsules twice daily with or without meals, or as directed by your health care professional.
If pregnant or nursing, consult your health care professional before use.
Contact Us Today
Visit us in-store or online at shop.naturalcompounder.com to shop, or click here to purchase. At Johnson Compounding & Wellness, we look forward to assisting you with any compounding or wellness needs. Contact us by calling 781-893-3870, booking an appointment, or filling out a new patient form. We hope to hear from you soon.