Flu, RSV and Covid are now causing many problems for children and adults. Prevention is the best medicine.
Remember the basics:
- Wash your hands properly
- Eat a well, clean, & nutritious diet
- Get a good nights sleep
- Lower stress levels
Helping your immune system work efficiently is the best way to help you not get sick, or fight of an illness if you should get one. Here are a few of my favorite supplements to support the immune system during the cold/flu/covid/RSV season.
- Vira-Support: Focused more on supporting acute immune challenges, strengthening immune function, and maintaining normal inflammatory balance. – Restoring, Enhancing, and Defending Immune Response. Restoring immune function is involved with Acerola, Pantothenic Acid, and Vitamins B12 & C.
- Enhancing immune response is supported by Andrographis, Astragalus, Elderberry, and Echinacea.
- Defending immune readiness is also supported by L-Lysine, Vitamin A, and Zinc.
- Overall, this solution can be used to prevent and helps reduce the duration/ severity upper respiratory infections.
Directions: 2 capsules daily for maintenance during cold/flu season. If feel getting sick, 2 capsules every hour for 6 doses then 2 capsules 3 times a day until better.
Click here for more info and to order.
Vira-Support Kid’s: Vira-Support Kid’s is a children’s chewable formula that boosts immune function and provides support for immune challenges. Elderberry has been shown to provide effective immune support, and the distinct purple color creates a fun element for kids. Be on the lookout for purple tongues!
- Provides Support for Immune Challenges
- Strengthens Immune Function in Children
- Maintains Normal Inflammatory Balance
Our body’s immune system is a complex and dynamic defense system that comes to our rescue at the first sign of exposure to an outside invader. The dynamic nature of the immune system means that all factors that affect health need to be addressed for it to function at peak performance. In most cases, the immune system does a great job of keeping people healthy, but it is very sensitive to nutrient deficiencies and may at times require additional support. While vitamin deficiencies can challenge the immune system, consuming immune enhancing nutrients and botanicals support and strengthen the body’s immune response.
ViraKid’s synergistic formula significantly boosts immune cell function by enhancing barrier function, activating the antibody response, and speeding up natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell activation. ViraKid contains elderberry and astragalus along with key nutrients necessary for optimal immune function, such as zinc, vitamin C and vitamin A.
Take 2 chewable tablets per day or as recommended by your health care professional.
Click here to order on-line
Flu Nosode 2022-2023
Flu Nosode 2022-2023: For the temporary relief of cold- and flu-like symptoms.
Recommended Dosage: Place drops under tongue 30 minutes before/after meals. Adults and children 12 years and over: Take 10 drops up to 3 times per day.
For aid with future resistance and recovery, take 10 to 15 drops once weekly or monthly. Consult a physician for use in children under 12 years of age.
Contact Us For More Information
For more info on how to best support your immune system prior to the cold and flu season, please give us a call at Johnson Compounding & Wellness. Our team is more than happy to provide you with the guidance you seek. Please don’t hesitate to call us at 781-893-3870.