Mothers are amazing! This Sunday we celebrate the fabulous women in our lives; mom, aunts, grandmothers, sisters, cousins, friends, neighbors. We all know some fantastic mothers, and even though everyday they should be appreciated for all they do…let’s take some time to make it extra special for all of the wonderful women that we know!In honor of this special day, check out the top secrets of what women really think about being a mom:
1. 1 in 4 moms admit to having a favorite child! Well, since I only have one daughter….this is true! She is the best and my ultimate favorite. On the other hand, I am the second of four children and I am confident that I am the favorite (sorry siblings!)
2. What do moms want to do most on Mother’s Day? A trip to the spa ranked highest, followed by a homemade card, peace and quiet was next, and then they want unconditional love. Breakfast in bed, jewelry and flowers were at the bottom of the list. I have already booked my massage and mani/pedi for Saturday because we will be running around Sunday visiting all of our favorite moms!
3. Here is a typical week for most moms: Cooking dinner 5 days, Works outside the home 4 days. Washes clothes 4 days. Cleans the house 4 days. Shops for groceries 2 days and Drives the carpool 1 day. There are so many Super Moms out there, it is truly amazing how they all function!
4. Mom’s know just what to do/say: 92% have kissed a boo-boo to make it better. 66% taught their kids how to ride a bike. 60% told a bedtime story including a princess. And 31% have coached their children in sports!
5. Moms are human! 61% have accidentally said a bad word in front of their kids. 54% called their child by another child’s name and 21% have forgotten to pick their kids up from daycare or school! Who said you had to be perfect in order to be a great mom!
6. What mom wants to do when the kiddos are asleep? 31% say watch TV, 20% go to bed early, 10% read a magazine or a book, 15% want to have sex, 8% want to catch up on social media and 5% want to eat ice cream. I am usually in bed early and if not, I sure would love to be eating ice cream.
I have learned so much from all of the amazing, strong, caring women in my life. Being a mom truly is the best thing in the world. Thank you to all of the unbelievable moms that are my family, friends and coworkers. You all rock!!!
Wishing all moms a very Happy and Blessed Mother’s Day!
Click here for article