One of summer greatest pleasures is cooking outside over and open flame. But rather than grilling big hunks of meat, freshen up your grilling season by using garden-picked produce.
Try something new this weekend; Grilled Organic Summer Vegetables with Lime and Chipotle-infused Olive Oil! Here’s how to grill ’em up:
- 2 cups sliced zucchini, about 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups sliced yellow squash, about 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups red bell pepper squares, about 1-inch thick
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups red onion squares, about 1-inch thick
- Any other favorite summer vegetables in season
- Lime and Chipotle-infused Olive Oil:
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder (or more to taste)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Generous sea salt to taste
Cook vegtables, turning occasionally, over a preheated gas or charcoal grill just until the vegetables are crisp tender and their colors turn gem-like, about 6 to 8 minutes. Serve the remaining olive oil for drizzling.