1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk room temperature
1 tsp. vanila extract
2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup walnuts, very finely chopped
1/3 cup of one Stonewall Kitchen specialty preserves” Raspberry Peach, Champagne Jam, Strawberry Jam, Wild Maine Blueberry Jam, Orange Cranberry Marmalade or Fig & Walnut Butter.
1. Preheat oven to 350* F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
2. Cream butter using a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed. Add sugar and beat until smooth. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla one at a time, mix until incorporated.
3. Combine flour, salt and ground walnuts in a separate bowl and whisk until uniforms. Slowly add flour mixture to the butter. Mix until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl. Knead a few times, wrap in plastic or wax paper and chill dough – 1 hour.
4. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet 2-inches apart. Make an indentation in the center of each ball with your thumb or the handle of a wooden spoon. Fill each cookie with a generous 1/4 teaspoon of jam.
5. Bake until edges are golden brown, about 14-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to rest for a minute before transferring to a rack to cool/ Top with additional jam if desired.
Make 3 dozen cookies ~ Enjoy!
Thumbprint Jam Cookies – Stonewall Kitchen
Recent Blog Posts
A Healthy Oral Microbiome-The Key to Systemic Health article published in natural awakenings illustrates how important oral health is and how imbalances in our oral