1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk room temperature
1 tsp. vanila extract
2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup walnuts, very finely chopped
1/3 cup of one Stonewall Kitchen specialty preserves” Raspberry Peach, Champagne Jam, Strawberry Jam, Wild Maine Blueberry Jam, Orange Cranberry Marmalade or Fig & Walnut Butter.
1. Preheat oven to 350* F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
2. Cream butter using a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed. Add sugar and beat until smooth. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla one at a time, mix until incorporated.
3. Combine flour, salt and ground walnuts in a separate bowl and whisk until uniforms. Slowly add flour mixture to the butter. Mix until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl. Knead a few times, wrap in plastic or wax paper and chill dough – 1 hour.
4. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet 2-inches apart. Make an indentation in the center of each ball with your thumb or the handle of a wooden spoon. Fill each cookie with a generous 1/4 teaspoon of jam.
5. Bake until edges are golden brown, about 14-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to rest for a minute before transferring to a rack to cool/ Top with additional jam if desired.
Make 3 dozen cookies ~ Enjoy!
Thumbprint Jam Cookies – Stonewall Kitchen
Recent Blog Posts
ATP 360® is a comprehensive formula to support mitochondria and is backed by peer-reviewed, published clinical research. ATP 360® is a formulation developed by Dr. Debby Hamilton, MD,
Lowly Lymph? Why the Lymphatic system may be the most ignored, but equally important circulatory system
The Lymphatic system is our second circulatory system made up of an interconnected network of lymph vessels, lymph nodes, and organs, such as the spleen